This chalk-talk series is funded by the Gunnar and Gunnel Källéns memorial fund. More information can be found here.
The idea with the program is to invite six distinguished scientists during the range of one year. For each visit, a number of activities are suggested:
- Before the visit, the students interested will participate in a Journal Club, where some aspect of the visitor’s research will be discussed.
- The visiting professor will give a lecture open for a general audience.
- The visiting professor will together with participating students and postdocs, have a chalk‐talk session where the visitor will lead an informal presentation/discussion.
- The visiting professor should stay enough time (3‐5 days) such that those students that are interested in a personal meeting with the visitor should be given the opportunity.
- A social event with the visiting professor and some of the students. For example, a dinner or a excursion.
A main feature of the program is that the students will be given the chance to interact with the visitors without too much interference from senior faculty. PhD students will be awarded academic credits if they participate in the journal club and attend the lectures and chalk‐talks.